Specific – How long exactly?
You make long hair specific by asking yourself the question: How long exactly? Maybe you want your hair to grow up to your waist, or over your butt, to the floor or perhaps only to your shoulders for now.
Measurable – How many cm’s?
Measuring is knowing! And a hair length can easily be measured in centimeters! Ask yourself the following three questions:
- How long is my hair now in cm? (e.g. 65 cm)
- How long is the hair length that I want to go in cm? (e.g. 85 cm)
- And with that, you can answer the following question: “how many cm do I have to grow to reach my goal?” (Eg: 85 – 65 = 20 cm)
That way, you can always keep track of whether you’re on the right track!
Acceptable – Is it okay?
The A stands for Acceptable. You can think of:
- Is it a goal that makes you happy and doesn’t it cause you problems?
- Is there enough support for the goal in your area? We can already say yes for you! Because on Have you HERE again you will find plenty of help and tips for the purpose you want to achieve!
Realistic – What is feasible?
Don’t make it all too difficult for yourself. There is nothing as frustrating as having a goal that is not achievable.
These questions can help you identify what is realistic:
- How many cm does my hair grow per month?
- What is my hair type and structure, and what effect does this have on my growth? (For example, shrink your height because you have curls, so you need more centimeters for your goal than someone with straight hair)
- Approximately how many cm will I have to cut?
Time-related – When should it be achieved?
And then you have already reached the last letter. If you have done all of the above, you can tie your goal to a goal for a while: on what date do you want to reach your goal?
- How much time do I need for the number of cm’s that I want to grow?
- How much time do I have to calculate for the number of cm’s that I cut and that my hair is contracting?
- In how much time could I have achieved my goal?
Jeeh! You have now set a goal for yourself! If all goes well, it should look a bit like my hair length goal for this year:
On December 31, 2017, my hair was 85 cm long, and it depends on waist length.
What are the other reasonable steps to take?
- Think about the road between where you are now and where you want to go. What steps do you have to take to reach your goal? E.g., stop dyeing your hair or start using oil.
- Stay motivated by setting the first intermediate goals. There are still a lot of goals in between where you are now and where you ultimately want to go. This way, you also have milestones to celebrate in between!
- PS: The goals you set do not necessarily have to be about hair length. You can, of course, plan everything when it comes to your hair. E.g., do not cut for a year or learn at least one new braid or bun every month.